Not much sewing happened this week. I made progress on the project that I started here. It's funny that I had pulled piles of fabrics and I only needed to use a small triangle from each one. Now I just need to put these quadrants together to make the block, which will finish at 12" square. I made it on a whim, with no real idea of what I would do with it. It was just something that I had wanted to do for a while and frankly I didn't feel like working on the project that I had in progress at the time. I really like how it is coming out and it is possible that I'll make this the center of a larger project. Maybe I'll add rows of blocks all the way around in a medallion setting. We'll see. The fabric I ordered for the borders of last week's quilt arrived, so I guess I'll be working on that next.
I had a little scare recently when our computer died. We are very diligent about backing up our data, but when we tried to recover it, we found that not all of the files were being backed up. Specifically, the files were I keep the patterns that I write. I estimate I've written over 40 patterns in the last 5-6 years, and I was starting to panic. Fortunately Lance researched and worked very hard and we found that we were able to pull the hard drive out of the computer and plug it into a reader and recover all of the files. Whew! I think I'll be saving a copy of my files in the "cloud" from now on.
Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on other people's design walls!