Monday, September 05, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 09/05/11


I've been working on a Disappearing Four Patch quilt in an effort to use up some of the charm packs that I had in my stash.  These ones are more scrappy than the ones that I usually see.  I wasn't sure of the dimensions to use and I think if I made it again, I'd make the middle strips a little narrower.  Or else I would just start with bigger squares in the four patch.  Above I have nine blocks laid out, but the finished project will have 30 (five blocks across and six blocks down).  The blocks are all made.   I had set them aside because I couldn't decide how I wanted to set them, and was considering sashing with the same width as the strips in the blocks.  Today I twisted and turned them different ways and took pictures of each and when I viewed them it was clear to me that this was the best layout.  It also happened to be my first plan for the layout.  I ended up wasting a bunch of time not knowing how to proceed, and I should have just gone with my first plan.  Oh well.  I got my runner finished in the meantime.  And it will take less time to sew them together without sashing!

Check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone else's design walls!

3 comments:

Eden said...

I like the look of this pattern. I will have to look it up as a possibility for the many many 5" charms I have stashed.

Denise :) said...

This was a great idea -- I really like the look of it. A lot of eye interest! I too have a lot of charm packs that could stand to be used up! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!