Monday, September 12, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 09/12/11


I've been battling a bad head cold for a few days and I think I'm finally winning.  Unfortunately that means I lost most of my weekend.  I have the preview night for my quilting class tonight and I had to get the last of my projects and supply lists ready.  Above is the Disappearing Four Patch project that I sewed together on Saturday, but was unable to get the borders on yet. It came out a lot smaller than I had anticipated.  30 seemed like a lot of blocks, but they only finish at 8" square, so it's fairly small - I'd say smaller than a twin.  I can either put a few borders on it or make more blocks.  I haven't decided yet.  Maybe a pieced border would look good.  We'll see.  It's a work in progress!  I do love the look of this pattern.  If I make it again, I'll probably start with 6" squares instead of 5" squares and maybe make it less scrappy.  That way I can still make the same number of blocks, but it will come out bigger.

Check out Judy L's blog to see what is on other people's design walls!

2 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love the colors and the blocks.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I wasn't lurking on your blog enough or I would have known what we were going to see tonight! HA! --Daisy