Thursday, June 23, 2016

Throw Back Thursday 06/23/16


How about another TBT post?  I found this one on a blog post I made in 2007.  I remember it well.  It was a baby quilt for some friends of ours, and I really thought that these were the colors that they told me they were using for the baby's room.  I remember I thought it was an unusual combination of colors and I probably never would have chosen them to put together into a quilt, but I do like how the quilt turned out.  When I gifted them the quilt, I found out that the baby's room was actually only a couple of these colors (I can't remember which ones now).  It didn't really matter though.  They loved the quilt anyway.  I tied this one and used a high loft batting so it was nice and cuddly.  The pattern was from an old magazine that I had earmarked and put away for a future project. It is a variation on a Jacob's Ladder block.  There is a half-square triangle in two corners of each block which created a pinwheel when the blocks are put together. I used a bunch of fat quarters and I'm pretty sure that I'm still using up scraps from that quilt.

It's fun looking at all of these old quilts.  Lately I've been watching some of the Craftsy classes that I've been stockpiling, and I feel like I'm starting to get my quilting mojo back.  Hopefully I'll have some new projects to post soon!

No comments: