Friday, August 07, 2009

Piece O' Cake & Alz Contest


I was blog surfing recently and found out that Becky Goldsmith from Piece O' Cake designs has a blog. I read through a month or two of posts and was riveted. She has an eye for color and design that I find fascinating. I've been a fan of the Piece O' Cake style for years, although the majority of their patterns revolve around applique, which I had been horrible at until recently. I read a lot of blogs regularly, mostly of regular home quilters like myself, but I do find some the blogs by the "pros" to be interesting and insightful. A lot of times you get to hear the inside scoop on designing, teaching and publishing. I think Becky's blog is a jewel and I look forward to reading it regularly.

One thing I found interesting is that Becky, John Flynn, Sue Nickels, and Hollis Chatalain (all quilting powerhouses) challenged each other to a fundraising showdown by creating small quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, which was founded by Ami Simms. It sounds like some good-natured, albeit competitive, fun all for a very good cause. For those of you not keeping detailed notes on my life :), I posted about Ami and my contribution to her cause here. You can read about their progress on these quilts on their blogs. I can't wait to see the finished products!

No comments: