Monday, August 29, 2016

Design Wall Monday 08/29/16


I've been on a bit of a sewing hiatus lately.  Every once in a while I go through a dry spell where I have no desire to sew at all.  I've got tons of projects to work on, but no desire to do it.  I've been in one of these lately, but decided to just try out a little sewing this past weekend to see how it would go.  My goal was to make one chain block for my Crossroads quilt along project.  The quilt along ended recently and I stalled making the chain blocks.  I'm pulling all of the fabrics from my stash, and I wanted it to be really scrappy (within color families).  Therefore, making one block still meant that I had to do a lot of cutting and sewing to have scrappy components to choose from.  I'm happy to say that I met my goal of putting together one block.  I also have units pieced and cut and ready to assembly-line sew together.  It was a lot of work for only having one block made, but the rest should come together in no time.


Above are some of the stacks of units ready to go.  There are some more piles sitting outside of the picture.  I actually cut way too many red pieces, so I'll need to find a project later to use them up, which shouldn't be a problem.  If I figure out something now, I can use them as leaders and enders, between my chain piecing...

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today. Also linking up with Quilt Story and Let's Bee Social later this week.

3 comments:

Paige said...

You can't go wrong with red and white!

AnnieO said...

Yummy! Love that center to your chains. All the prep pays off when you can sit and sew, sew, sew

legato1958 said...

Love your scrappy red Chain Block! I should get organized, and use little pieces for my leaders and enders!
Susie