Thursday, July 28, 2016

Throw Back Thursday 07/28/16


For today's TBT post I chose a wall hanging that I designed for a shop challenge back in 2008.  You can see the original post here.  We were given two fat quarters - the purple and the green floral print - to use in a quilted piece.  There were a lot of rules on size and fabric, etc., but I think I was the only one who followed them.  In the end the challenge was not a good experience for me, but I'm really happy with the piece that I made.  I really pushed myself to create a design I liked within the parameters given.  The flowers are folded fabric which I then hand appliqued onto the pieced backing. The vines were made with a 1/4" bias tape maker.  That was a challenge in itself!  It later hung in an exhibit at a local library.

It's fun revisiting these projects from the past!

No comments: